Top tips to ensure your teeth stay white after a whitening procedure:
So, you have just had a whitening procedure and want to know how to keep your tooth white for longer?
We have compiled a list of do’s and don’ts below that will help you keep your pearly whites longer!
What should you avoid?
- Stay away from common drinks that discolour your teeth like coffee, red wines, and dark teas.
- Try to cut down on smoking and alcoholic beverages like rum, mixed drinks and dark beers. Avoid these teeth-staining culprits as much as you can.
- Keep your oral hygiene routine as usual – ensure you are brushing your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste.
- Avoid chocolates and candy as much as you can!
What should you eat and drink?
- Colourless beverages like water, white-sodas, milk, and colourless spirits are a great alternative to darker drinks.
- Rice and white pastas are a great option for carbs and will not stain your teeth – just take it easy on the tomato sauce!
- White meats like chicken and turkey are generally safe to eat after a whitening procedure as they are light coloured and contain low levels of acid.
- Bananas and white yoghurts serve as a great snack alternative to confectionary and they are less likely to stain your teeth.
What else can I do to keep my teeth white?
Visit your dentist for a routine check-up and clean to ensure your teeth are healthy.
We will be more than happy to schedule a follow-up appointment and answers any questions you may have about your smile!
Please contact us on (02)9905 3038 to schedule an appointment or book online here.